In general, I loved Richard Culatta's presentation! His examples were very effective in persuading me because he took the seemingly complicated subject of reimagining learning and made it simple, but still powerful. Richard's presentation made me reimagine technology implementation for education because before seeing the video I only imagined digital versions of traditional learning, the very thing Richard sought to advise against when using technology for learning. I had a strong response to the video once I heard the new ways in which technology can change learning. I immediately wanted to use them in my classroom once I become a teacher. I would use technology for all of the reasons Richard listed: real time feedback, adjusting the pace, giving learners choice in how to learn for the day, and enabling mass customization.
The main impact I received from the video was this: try something new. All in all, Richard Culatta's video opened my eyes to those new opportunities. Exploring new programs, encouraging the use of technology for learning, and implementing new teaching methods are the first steps toward bridging the gap between traditional teaching and new horizons. Teachers need to evolve with the technology around them; why not exploit all technology has to offer that traditional methods could not perform?
No comments:
Post a Comment