Monday, September 5, 2016

Making the App Trailer

Since completing my free app trailer project I remember the most how difficult it was to edit videos. I had trouble stopping the video at just the right moment. Using the screen recording apps on my cell phone had to be the most challenging part of the project. Converting videos from screen recordings to computer friendly versions was the main obstacle I faced. I made my app trailer about “Zap Zap Math”, a math app with 100+ practice games for fractions, addition, subtraction, and more. The app has games for all grades K-6.

                In making my app trailer I learned more about how apps help children practice the skills they learn in school. As a future teacher I want to provide many ways for a student to succeed and I see apps making homework fun.  I do hope to use educational apps when I begin to teach, especially because apps like the one in my trailer delivers progress reports to the teachers and parents. Therefore, the parents and educators know how much the child has learned since using the app. 

No comments:

Post a Comment