The video taught me the problems within parts of the education system, especially concerning students. The majority of the facts in the video showed the disadvantages students work through like the high price of textbooks that are never used or the class size. The video challenged my ideas about education today because now I think we need to make some changes. One thing that I could do as a future teacher would be to learn every child's name. That was a fact presented in the video that said professors don't know their names.
I think one big problem facing teachers and learning is class size. With an average size of 115 students there is not enough class time to give individual instruction. Another change I would make is adding creativity and the arts into the classrooms. Alot of lessons can benefit from arts based instruction like using movement or theatre. Technology can help teachers help their students because it gives the teacher videos and interactive practice websites. I would use those changes in my classroom as a future teacher.
No comments:
Post a Comment