Sunday, October 23, 2016

Assistive Technology in the Classroom

Assistive technology is any device or product that helps a child with disabilities learn in the classroom. For example, assistive technology includes a pencil grip or a programmed button. I learned many ways to use assistive technology in the classroom from the assigned video. I found some of the devices hard to use in a regular classroom because every student would need to be involved and that many resources would be pricey. However, my favorite device was the writer that was compatible with word and allowed students to type papers. What sold me on this device was the print option.

The only assistive technology I have seen implemented into the classroom was in a high school that provided laptops to every student. I want to see more of the resources the presenter showed used in a classroom because they are so beneficial to the students.

How do we, as the teachers, get the assistive technology devices and convince the school that it would be beneficial?
Are there programs or grants to help pay for the resources needed to involve the entire class, while all the students are using a device?

No comments:

Post a Comment