Friday, October 14, 2016

EDPuzzle

EDPuzzle is a website where teachers can assign preliminary lessons to their students, track progress, and grade responses. The website was easy to use because the controls for making an EDPuzzle lesson are directly at the top above the video the teacher selects. Also assigning a class the lesson and checking progress were easy functions to use. The group did have trouble accessing the lesson I made and had to pull up the video in another browser however the extra step only delayed progress for a few minutes. The website made accessing my lesson difficult because EDPuzzle's site remembers where and when the user stopped working which is normally a user friendly setting.

The video search option from EDPuzzle was surprisingly extensive. The site lets the teacher choose from Youtube, EDPuzzle, and many other sources when picking a video. The range of the search helped me find a video that was interesting to watch, which I believe is important for participation. All in all I would definitely use EDPuzzle again because the site was easy to use, the students can watch the more difficult lesson segments as many times as they need, and I like the idea of assigning a lesson before class to free up class time.

No comments:

Post a Comment