Friday, October 28, 2016

AT Presentation

Dennis Campbell provided many additional perspectives and details about assistive technologies with a universal design for the classroom. The fact that he is the father of a disabled child made me take to heart his suggestions. It was cool to see the board he brought in that his daughter used.

I did not learn about any new assistive technologies from the guest speaker, other than the ones mentioned in the video we watched before his presentation. However, after watching the video before class I was able to learn more details from Dennis Campbell when he showed in class. I think that even though the assigned video about assistive technologies was an hour long it was worth watching the whole video because it allowed time for so many different assistive technology devices to be shown which helped me during the presentation. Maybe a change could be made so that the devices are presented in a different way, for example putting the devices into a PowerPoint presentation. The information would then be quicker to learn without having someone present each device individually and speak about them separately. I think that the PowerPoint option would save time because each person could look at each assistive technology at their own speed.

The details that Dennis Campbell presented included the idea of a universal design for learning. I benefited greatly from that subject in his presentation. Overall I believe I walked away from Dennis Campbell's presentation with a better understanding of the needs students with disabilities require and what it means to make a lesson or task available to all learning types.

No comments:

Post a Comment